Gifts to St. Edward School
- Annual Fund - St. Edward Church & School began the Sr. Hermana Annual Fund in 2011, in honor of Sr. Hermana Siebenmorgen, O.S.B. who was principal of St. Edward from 1959-1992. All proceeds from the annual fund will be distributed among the (1) St. Edward School Endowment Fund, which provides security for the school’s long-term needs; (2) ongoing operating needs for the church and school; (3) tuition assistance for those who would not otherwise be able to attend St. Edward School; and (4) reducing the debt on parish facilities, in particular the newly constructed building. Your support of the Annual Fund will pay dividends in the school for years to come.
- Building Fund - In 2007 work was completed on a new building for our parish and school. There had been no new additions to the school since 1962. The new three-story building is home to a state-of-the-art science lab, a computer lab with 35 student computers, a media center/library, four classrooms, middle school lockers, the school office, a conference room, and a teachers’ lounge for the school. The construction also included 3 multi-purpose rooms, a coffee bar, and restrooms for both parish and school use. The cost was $3.4 million, and over $2.3 million and counting has been donated towards this project. Your donations to the Building Fund will get us a few steps closer to completing these payments.
One way you can support the Building Fund at St. Edward is by purchasing an engraved brick to be laid at the school entrance on Sherman Street. Have a name cut in stone for yourself, a student or a loved one. Bricks are $100 and proceeds will go to the St. Edward building fund. Click here to download an order form.
- Tuition Assistance - From its earliest days, St. Edward has been a home for all, including the needy. We believe that Catholic education should never be only for the wealthy. This remains true in the school today. Through donations over time, St. Edward has built a Scholarship Fund from which funds can be used to make Catholic education possible for those facing economic struggles. Each year, approximately $10,000 from this account is disbursed to families in need. Your donations to the Scholarship Fund can make an excellent, well-rounded education possible for a child who could not receive it without your help.
- Endowment - The St. Edward Endowment was established for the purpose of ensuring long-term financial stability for St. Edward Catholic School. The goal of the endowment is to raise significant capital from which the interest can be used to support the current work of the school and to assist with long term financial needs of the school. The Endowment is currently valued at just below $500,000. We welcome you to take part in helping this continue to grow.
Annual Fund-Raising Events
- Oktoberfest - Official Oktoberfest Website
Each fall, St. Edward hosts an Oktoberfest. This is a weekend long celebration that includes liturgies, food, entertainment, a carnival, a rummage sale, a raffle and more family friendly fun. Proceeds from Oktoberfest support the Building Fund.
- It Takes A Village - Official It Takes A Village Website
Each Spring, the St. Edward PTO sponsors the It Takes A Village Dinner & Auction. This past year we also added a casino games component to create It Takes A Village: Vegas Style. This is a night of great fun. Proceeds from ITAV have been used for a variety of projects including installing air conditioner systems and improving classroom technology.